Member institutions are committed to building the field of public interest technology.
Join Our Network
Launched in 2019, the Public Interest Technology University Network is a partnership that unites colleges and universities committed to building the field of public interest technology (PIT). Through the development of curricula, research agendas, and experiential learning programs in the PIT space, these institutions aim to develop graduates with skills and knowledge at the intersection of technology and policy.
Becoming a member of the Public Interest Technology University Network (PIT-UN) brings many benefits to Network schools, students, and faculties including educational and networking opportunities, information sharing, and guidance.
’19-’21: Elected Lead of the Faculty & Institution Building Working Group
Associate Provost for Computing & Data Science, Boston University
’19-’21: Elected Lead of the Career & Pipeline Working Group
Associate Vice President for Strategic Initiatives, Georgetown University
’19-’21: Elected Chair of the Governance Standing Committee
Dean, School of Public Policy, Pepperdine University
’19-’21: Elected Lead of the Communications & Outreach Committee
Office of Engagement, Vice President, Florida International University
Eric T. Meyer
’19-’21: Elected Chair of the Membership Committee
Dean of the School of Information, The University of Texas at Austin
Becoming a PIT-UN Member
As a public interest technologist, you can help train and inspire the next generation of talented, committed civic-minded technologists
coming out of colleges and universities while benefiting your own organization as well. Colleges across America are dedicated to students in an innovative way that grants them access to careers with clear pathways toward technology-related jobs within the government sector.
The Public Interest Technology University network has launched the 2022 Membership Application. This year, interested educational institutions can submit their application for Membership and Affiliate Membership this year from September 14 until November 30th. Applications are made via the Foundant platform. Below are instructions for creating an account in order to start the application. Please direct questions regarding the online process or the development of your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may access the system at the following link: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=PIT
- Select Create a New Account. This will prompt you to fill out a profile about your institution. Please create only one account per institution.
- Once your profile is complete, you are now ready to apply to PIT-UN. Click on Apply in the upper left corner of the page.
- You will have the option to apply for PITUN Membership or Affiliate membership.
- You can work on your application, save it, and return to it at any time. The system will auto save every 20 minutes, but please remember to save your work, regularly. You can download a copy of the 2022 PIT-UN New Member Application and the 2022 PIT-UN Affiliate Membership Application to prepare in advance.
- The deadline for all submissions is November 30, 2021. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions during the submission process.
Access Our Membership Guide
For those who want to get ahead in their careers, our professional network is a great way to find like-minded professionals. It’s easy for members of our Network to connect and collaborate on projects that can lead them up the ladder at work, or help them start new ventures together. You’ll learn more about our structure inside this Membership Guide, so you know what kind of benefits are available.